Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Christ's Wisdom

So I awake from a peace-filled night
How is it that I stumble and fall?
Have I forgotten the wisdom of Christ,
to love with your whole heart, mind and soul,
God and the beauty God has given us,
the beauty of family, friends, strangers, guests.
Christ's wisdom commands us to begin to try
and love our enemies
not seven times
but seven times seventy!
A life full of trying
to love each other as Christ loves us
and to try
and to try
and to try ...
Thank you Jesus Christ, my friend and companion,
for showering our earth
with your wisdom.

~Steve Francis Joseph Sheridan

1 comment:

  1. I am a volunteer for PeaceWorks Kansas City. Each year we publish a Community Organization Directory. Would Cherith Brook Community like to be included? Here is a draft I've prepared for your entry. Let me know who should be listed as contact person and also any brief changes. Thank you.

    Cherith Brook Community 3308 E 12th Street Kansas City MO 64127 816-241-8047 Cherith Brook Community is a house of hospitality, mercy and peacemaking. The house is located in the historic northeast. Staff and volunteers provide showers, sandwiches and phone use to homeless as well as teaching English as a Second Language, visiting people in jails, and helping with the Saturday meal at Holy Family Worker House.

    ReplyDelete